Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crop, er CHAT, till you drop ... and other fun news

I'm slowly sneaking back to the computer after more or less taking today off. Yesterday I woke at 5:45 a.m. with Jacques' hunting alarm and immediately realized that an all-day scrapbooking chat at Designer Digitals was set to start at 6 a.m. Do you think I could go back to sleep knowing that? Nope ... not a chance. So I settled in with a couple hot cups of coffee and chatted away, all the way until 10 p.m. last night.
The last time I did this, I could not figure out how people chatted AND scrapbooked at the same time. But this time, I took little mini breaks from the chat screen and in the process, completed five layouts in response to the various chat challenges. It was tons of fun, even though my eyeballs were sore, sore, sore by the end of the day. Here are the layouts I did for the challenges & a little info about the "rules" of each little contest...
First challenge: Use the word art provided in a layout. Here's what I came up with...
6a010536a85631970b0120a5c18069970c-320pi.iQsnPASrPj9s.jpg

Next: Cassie's 30 Minute Masterpiece Challenge
The rules: 1) Use only one photo; 2) Use at least 3 of the items provided in the freebie download; 3) Use punctuation elements as part of the title; 4) Use a non-frame element as a frame; and 5) Tell a story about the photo ... all in under 30 minutes!!! Here's my result ...
6a010536a85631970b0120a5c17f29970c-320pi.Kc6WFyYLkkgx.jpg 
Next challenge: Template challenge
The rules ... use the template provided in the freebie as a starting point for a layout. Here's mine...
6a010536a85631970b0120a5c181ff970c-320pi.S2jSs8Si31nz.jpg 
Next challenge: Use the word art provided in conjunction with a photo of my hands. This took a little brainstorming first, but here's my page...
6a010536a85631970b0120a56ae4b0970b-320pi.jwUnV4oxxIkk.jpg 
The last challenge I did was probably the one I was least excited about the result. The task was to take the template provided and use a scrapbook page by someone else that was based on that as inspiration for my own page. I think by this point in the day, I was too tired to feel very "inspired," ya know? This isn't my favorite layout, but it's okay ... and I do like the photos!!
6a010536a85631970b0120a5c184f7970c-320pi.5GRTyk1ACa9i.jpg 
All in all, it was a fun day and I'm already looking forward to the next all-day chat, which is scheduled for early November.
My other fun news is I have recently been given the opportunity to do something I've been wanting to do for a while now and that is be a member of a digital designer's Creative Team (CT). Even better, I have been asked by not just one, but THREE individual designers to serve on each of their CTs! That means I have full, free access to all of their digital scrapbooking products - including their newest releases before they are made public - in exchange for helping to promote their products by creating scrapbook pages featuring those products and then posting them in various online galleries.
Fun, fun!!! I have spent the last several days downloading lots and lots of goodies. Now I get to poke through my new wonderful stash and make lots of new scrapbook pages to share. I am already enjoying this immensely, as you can imagine. Here are the first couple layouts I did in this new role, creating almost entirely of products by "my" three designers ...
6a010536a85631970b0120a56aeabe970b-pi.kQL4ZHOIuhXD.jpg 
6a010536a85631970b0120a5c189f4970c-pi.rCy8OAJe89WD.jpg 
All three designers that I am a CT member for sell their products at Two Peas in a Bucket. Check out their individual products and/or blogs by clicking on their names below...
Mary Ann Wise
Jen Allyson
Carina Gardner
I'm excited about this new opportunity ... and you can expect to see lots more pages here and everywhere else I post as a result!! :)





2 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations Kristin! So happy to be enjoying this new adventure with you and aren't MaryAnn, Jen & Carina so much fun to get to know better?! :)
    Great pages from the chats yesterday! My favorite is the photo of Skylar all muddy, she looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you rocked the chat pages. and congrats on your CT posts! you're an awesome storyteller and scrapbooker.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin