Thursday, October 8, 2009

The time has come!!!!!!!

Lots of excitement, loads of creative energy and a little fear all wrapped up together. That's how I've been feeling the last several days leading up to the launch of my new Web site ...

It's been all I could do not to share it with everyone before it was completely ready.

First, a little background... This little venture has taken about two months ... and FIVE YEARS ... to become a reality. For a long time now, I've had a real desire to work from home. And the more I scrapbook, the more I want to ... scrapbook. Obviously a job gets in the way of that. So how about a "job" that allows me to spend tons of time scrapbooking ... and hanging out with scrapbookers ... and researching lots of great scrapping ideas ... and reading about scrapbooking ...  and creating great stuff for scrapbookers ... and be at home with my kids?!?!?

That's been what I've been on a mission to find ... and after many, many trials & errors (my husband refers to me as a "serial entrepreneur"... LOL), I have finally found my niche. And once the whole concept came together, it's amazing how quickly everything fell into place ... for me, that's a real sign I'm on the right path. I've been working steadily on getting this ready to share since late August and everything really started to come together in the last 2 or 3 weeks or so. As the final details have come together, I've been just dying to share... but making myself wait until the the was right.

Well, the time is finally right and I'm very exciting to introduce ...  Log Your Memory!!



Log Your Memory is my new offshoot of Spring Creek Design, that little freelance graphic design biz I've been dabbling with for the past two years. Log Your Memory is dedicated to helping busy scrapbookers make sure they get their memories documented ... NOW, not when they "get around to" getting them scrapbooked. Because face it, very few of us really have the time to scrapbook everything we'd like to remember. So I've created a book and a supporting online community to help myself and everyone like me who is ready to drop the guilt and start doing something very, very constructive (and FUN at the same time) to make sure those memories are recorded.

 

You should have seen my "happy dance" when my book proofs came back from the printer!!

This book - the Scrapbooker's All-In-One Memory Logbook - is really a 2010 calendar, planner, journal, idea book and sketchbook all wrapped up in one. It's meant to take the place of all those different calendars you might be using to record your daily "stuff," plus the notes, the half-filled notebooks, the sketchpads, and the rest of that stuff that you're just keeping in the back of your mind for later.

I don't know about you, but I don't trust myself to remember all that ... my memory just isn't what I'd like it to be. My kids & my family do so many things that I want to remember. And I get a ton of ideas all the time that lead to scrapbook pages I'd like to do. But even when I'm scrapping like crazy, there's still a million things I don't get scrapped ... but hope to someday. This book is how I'm going to tackle that problem from now on... and the Web site is how I'm going to help others like me through the process - and let them help ME, as well.

I could go on and on about this, but I'm not going to right here... I would much rather have you check it out for yourself and see what you think. I really hope you'll take a minute to stop by and visit... run on over to my site and let me know what you think!!!

Whew... much better. So good to finally have this out there!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Dances with you! I hope it is a wonderful success & see it being very useful in my life as I have a lot more ideas than I get to doing & then when I have time, can't think of what I wanted to do before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! good luck in your venture, i will be entering the contest. i just noticed on your wish list that you have a silhouette listed... do you still want one? i am going to sell mine on ebay (i never even opened it) because i got design studio and can now cut anything i want on my cricut. if you want it, i will give you a good deal (its the silhouette sd and it comes with the home decor cd, which is exclusive if you believe their hype, and a coupon for half off a year subscription) if not, no worries, i can sell it on ebay :) or if you want it for christmas, i know someone i can suggest it to lol...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin