Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Better than Hallmark ...

Just had to share my birthday cards from my family tonight, which they presented after Jacques & I had returned from a nice dinner out at The Mint ...

First, from 12-year-old Kody:




And we all had a good chuckle reading the card from my hubby ...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now what could possibly top that??? :)


How about this cake secretly baked & decorated by 14-year-old Karstin? First attempt and no one to ask for help ... tasted pretty good, too!
 



Apparently it took a few matches to light all those candles... LOL.

Throw in a nice little envelope of spending money for my upcoming "girls weekend" with my mom and sister and it all added up to a very nice 40th birthday.

Couldn't ask for anything more. :)


3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet family, enjoy your girly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the card!!! So thoughtful!!! and the cake!!! Send me a piece!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!!! Happy Birthday and Happy New Year too!!!! Can't wait to begin documenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I love it! Thanks for sharing. Check out todays blog post, it is very "real life" but doesnt really fit into any of the categories on log your memory yet

    http://scrappinoutloud.blogspot.com/2009/12/few-years-of-pocket-change.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin