Monday, August 17, 2009

Where did the summer go?

Wow... I fully intended to blog more about my trip to San Antonio while I was still there, but obviously since I've been home for over a week now, that didn't happen.
This last month has been a flurry of activity ... we spent 10 days at the family cabin at Pelican Lake, returning home on Sunday, Aug. 2. Then Monday, Aug. 3, my Uncle Lennie & cousin William from Texas came for a visit, as well as my Uncle Terry from Chester. They stayed until Wednesday afternoon. Then Thursday, Danica and I left for Texas, returning Sunday. On Monday, my uncle & cousin returned, this time with my Aunt Ceci and cousin Adelia. They left Tuesday morning.
It took me the rest of the week just to get back to some sense of "normal." Apparently, this did not include blogging. I did, however, manage to complete a 46-page scrapbook about our San Antonio experience. So instead of blogging about it, I will share the album below.
Now we are getting ready for school to start in about a week, as well as playing host to more company. Jacques' friend Wayne from Livingston showed up here tonight after calling this morning. Then Jacques' Uncle John & Aunt Mary will be here Thursday for a "few" nights. And hard to believe, but school starts next Monday ...
I hate to say it, but I think I'm actually looking forward to September and a more routine schedule!!
Anyway, here is the link to my San Antonio scrapbook.
I've also been playing around with a couple entries for the Summer's End contest at Designer Digitals. The only real requirement is that the page use a particular set of flourish brushes and/or paper letters. Here's what I've come up with so far ...
6a010536a85631970b0120a557585f970c-320pi.3xO0b2h5CUMA.jpg
6a010536a85631970b0120a55758a7970c-320pi.PgtVLoL74fp8.jpg
I may or may not use one of these. The deadline isn't until the 28th, so I have some time to play. Let me know what you think...


1 comment:

  1. Both are really cute but I am drawn to the Pelican Lake LO personally. Love how you used the border for framing the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin