Friday, January 30, 2009

Balance.

6a010536a85631970b01053703d4cb970c-320pi.X0aNo7yInOKT.jpg
I just love this watch. Or rather, I love the potential I see in this watch. I picked this up at one of our local second-hand stores in November for about $2 and have been meaning to take it apart and restyle it ever since. But somehow that hasn't happened... first I got sidetracked with the holidays, then my scrapbooking bug took over, and then most recently I've had some grant application deadlines sneak up on me.
It's all about BALANCE, which is something I've never been very good at achieving but continually feel I need more of. I have a tendency to go, go, go when there is something I'm interested in, only to burn myself out on it and then not want to touch it again for a while. After almost two years of not really feeling motivated to scrapbook, I'm suddenly feeling extremely motivated and want to do it ALL the time. I want to take advantage of this new-found energy to do a bunch of projects I've had in mind, but at the same time I don't want to burn myself out and take another two or three years to get going again. So I'm trying this time to find more balance before that happens.
So, this weekend I am making it a goal of mine to take some time out from everything else to design this watch. Perhaps I'll do it between Super Bowl commercials, since I'm not much of a football fan. (My husband, on the other hand, is a Steelers follower, so I'm sure he'll be glued to the set!) I'll put a photo of the new and improved watch here Monday ... hopefully my saying that will help me follow through on this plan!!
Have a great weekend! :)


1 comment:

  1. if only you could finish restyling the watch, it will be beautiful i think. please visit me on http://lisajulianti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin