Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Making progress...

6a010536a85631970b010536b6e8d1970c-800wi.S0G1SNkeE0uZ.jpg

My move to this new site is coming along.
I am currently working on putting up my scrapbooking pages, as well as examples of my design work. In the process of designing my site, I am also refining just what it is I want this site to do and my "creative manifesto," or "mission statement." At the moment, this includes representing the "real" me and my creative endeavors of the moment, which generally vary from scrapbooking/documenting the life of myself and my family, designing helpful booklets such as calendars, journals, planning guides, etc. that help me - and hopefully others - in their pursuits, decorating my home, creating various photo-related pieces, jewelry-making and occasionally sewing.
I also hope to share the sites, books and other resources that inspire me. At the moment, a huge inspiration for me is Ali Edwards. I just finished her book, "Life Artist," last week and have now started her newest, "Sharing Your Story." Both are wonderfully inspiring, as is her blog, and her philosophy toward documenting her stories through her "life art" resonates strongly with my own. I hope to incorporate her many ideas into my work as I continually shape my own scrapbooking and "life"style in general.
All of this is done between contract grant-writing, monthly website maintenance for a local non-profit, OCR textbook editing and caring for my 4 kids, ranging in age from 6 months to 13 years!
I hope you will join me in this journey...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin