Monday, January 26, 2009

Teens, babies and organization.

The weather here is still really cold, so it was pretty easy to stay huddled inside and do a lot of scrapbooking this weekend. With four kids - and 13 years of scrapbooking that only happened hit-and-miss - I could do this 24 hours a day for quite some time before I ran out of things to document or stories to tell on paper. So, I've been jumping from project to project pretty frequently.
After doing several baby and family focused layouts, I decided I needed one that would reflect my teenage son and where he's at right now. So, I handed him my camera and told him I wanted 5 photos that would tell a complete stranger pretty much everything Karstin wanted them to know about him. This is what I got and what I did with it ...
6a010536a85631970b010536f78804970c-320pi.IEztlUacrOuT.jpg

 
Pretty cool, eh?? It will be fun to look back at someday, because he did a great job taking photos... this really is KARSTIN.
I also decided to get going on Danica's scrapbook, since she only had one layout in it compared to her sister, who has about 40! Here's what I did this weekend...
6a010536a85631970b010536f78761970c-320pi.f2gehUZN8wRo.jpg
Yesterday I decided to take a break from actually scrapbooking and get organized. If you could see my computer files, you would know why. I had digital kits scattered in about 5 different places on 3 different hard drives. Not easy to find - and really hard to know what I had to choose from. So, I put everything in one file, cleaned it all up by creating consistent folders and labeling, backed it all up on one of my external hard drives, then imported everything into Shoebox, which makes it super easy to view and sort all of those papers, tags, alphabets, etc.
It took 5 or 6 hours to get it all done, but I'm sure glad I did. Now I can focus on the fun part of scrapbooking without all of that frustration!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin