Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Change" is here...

Watching the inauguration of Barack Obama today on the TV, I was reminded of how certain events stick in your mind long after they occur. Moments like when I heard about the bombing of the Twin Towers or the first time I saw each of my babies' faces.
Many people talk about where they were when JFK was assassinated, but that was several years before I was even born. I realized my two young daughters - ages 2 1/2 and almost 7 months - will have no recollection of this event when people talk about the day the first black President took office, even though they were alive to witness it. So I decided to put together a page for them to look back on later to give them just a glimpse of the event.
6a010536a85631970b010536df9053970b-320pi.xC1EkHjTFC8o.jpg


The row across the top is a handful of screenshots of what was happening on websites across the country following the swearing-in ... definitely something that didn't even exist when most of the past leaders took office. The backdrop, though you can't read much of it, is President Obama's inaugural address.
Note: The pin holding up the note is from Andrea L. Burns' "Seeing Stars" kit. The rest is of my own design and/or borrowed from images on the Internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin