Sunday, January 11, 2009

Time to BEGIN

If you're a fan of Ali Edwards, you know she encourages everyone to choose a "word" for the year ... something to serve as a daily reminder and guide toward whatever area is a priority for you at the moment.
My word for the year is: BEGIN.
I've decided to incorporate my word into a project I've taken on this year, and I plan to share my progress along this way with you on this blog. I just turned 39 a couple weeks ago and somehow this, my 40th year, seems like a big turning point for me. More on that later, I'm sure.
My project is a scrapbook album focused on ME at this stage in my life. My many roles, my goals, my interests and hobbies, my priorities, my hang-ups. And as you'll discover if you follow along with me, one of those hang-ups is moving beyond the planning stage to actually DOING. Hence, my word for the year.
Inspired by the colors in a bouquet of pretty flowers my father-in-law shared with us last week, I've designed a new digital kit focused on my word for the year. At the moment, I'm hoping to make this an annual project. I will be making that kit available for sale later this month. In the meantime, I've used some of its pieces to create a first page for my album... a BEGINning.
Here it is...
6a010536a85631970b010536c64c78970c-320pi.uOW0yGEQc4ve.jpg
 
This page will eventually go into a fun 8x8 acrylic album I found on eBay from a store called www.inkognitoart.com (it's on the top of the pile - literally & figuratively - in the photo in my scrapbook page). I've never used acrylic before, so this will be another fun challenge. More on that later...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin