Sunday, January 18, 2009

Testing out a "blended album" approach

6a010536a85631970b010536d75c08970b-320pi.9U5awMMgtwtA.jpg

Just enjoying a quiet weekend at home and managed to put together the first calendar page for our 2009 family album. I'm trying a new approach this year, referred to in the industry as a "blended photo album." Basically it's a traditional photo album with photos slipped into sleeves but you add scrapbook pages and/or scrapbook-like elements mixed in.
I've decided to do this with the bulk of our family photos, since we take so many every year and there's no way I'll ever find time to scrapbook them all. I'm going to do this album chronologically, with each month starting with a page similar to the one above. Hopefully by the end of 2009, I'll have a finished album instead of what I have at the end of 2008, which is a ton of photos still in my computer!!
BTW - I scrap-lifted the design for this page from one I saw at digitreats.typepad.com. Love her stuff ... be sure to check it out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin