Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Because I'm a mom ...

6a010536a85631970b0115700babbb970b-320pi.a34ncLmMgqRy.jpg
• I vacuum the living room at least once a day … and my floor is still not clean.
• I know every word of at least a dozen VeggieTales tunes.
• My fridge resembles a community center bulletin board.
• I rarely wear white.
• I drive a mini-van.
• I take an average of 500-800 photos a month … and rarely appear in one myself. 
• I make a trip to the grocery store at least every 3 to 4 days, sometimes more.
• I can play LEGOS without feeling a need to explain why.
• My house is never quiet.
• I am in frequent contact with our community’s doctors and dentists.
• I always vote in support of the school levies.
• I will never have enough wall space to display all of my favorite photos.
• I live in a five-bedroom house.
• I have a tendency to repeat myself. 
• There are always toys in my bathtub.
• My schedule generally revolves around naptime.
• There are always band-aids in my cupboard.
• I still have homework.
• I hide my tape, permanent markers, glue, matches and chocolate.
• It is not unusual for me to be decked out in stickers.
• I can’t wait for garage sale season.
• There is always something – or someone – in my house that needs to be cleaned.
• I have the phone numbers of all five schools in Lewistown saved in my cell phone memory.
• There are always fingerprints on my glass front door. And the bathroom light switch. And the door to the fridge. And probably just about everything else in my house.
• I tend to find it difficult to concentrate.
• I’ve learned to watch my step, especially on the stairs or near any source of water.
• I frequently have to go looking for the phone.
• I can never seem to buy enough ketchup, cereal, milk, bread, or Ranch dressing.
• I appreciate my parents a lot more than I used to. Act like them, too.
• I have a stash of confiscated toys in my closet. Most of them make noise.
• The phrase “what’s for dinner?” can be like fingernails on a chalkboard.
• I get to wave bye-bye to “poopie” at least once a day.
• My shoes have a tendency to walk around the house without me.
• I use words like “nigh-nigh,” “sockies,” “cutie-bucket,” “boogies,” and “outchie” on a regular basis.
• My top wish list items include a personal chef, a housekeeper and free prints for life from Shutterfly.
• My yard could be mistaken for the city park or school playground.
• I own electric hair clippers and salon-quality scissors. 
• Hearing the word “mom” can bring both a smile to my face and get on my nerves multiple times a day … mahhhhh, ummmmmm!
• I am surrounded by laughter.
• I’ve experience true panic. And anger. And fear. And love. Sometimes all at once.
• My most recent restaurant visit was to McDonalds.
• I have the power to make pain go away instantly with a simple kiss.
• I consider a hot bath behind a locked door a decent substitute for a destination vacation. 
• My kitchen is never clean. Or my bathroom.
• I have chosen to work from home.
• It can sound strange to hear someone call me by my “real” name.
• I still live in a small Montana town.
• I’ve spent three entire years of my life pregnant.
• I make regular attempts at playing tennis. And Taboo. But not skiing. (The lodge suits me fine, thanks!)
• I voted for Barack Obama.
• I can get – or give – a hug whenever I want.
• I know what it feels like to have my heart walking around outside my body.
• There are diapers, wipes, Smarties & a bottle of acetaminophen in my purse. 
• You can’t walk up my stairs without stepping over a gate.
• There’s a good chance there will be someone to take care of me when I’m old.
• I rarely have a moment to myself.
• I will never catch up on or run out of stories to scrapbook or things to blog about.
• I consider LAUNDRY a four-letter word. 
• I could add to this list for days … and still have more to say.
• I am one of the luckiest people in the world.


2 comments:

  1. Love your list! Your kids will love it too when they're older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very very cool!! and brilliant!! love it!
    melanie {britgirl}

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin