Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday #3 is just around the corner...

It's hard to believe, but Skylar's third birthday is now less than a month away. In addition to the urge to come up with a theme of some sorts so we can have a little party with her and her little friends (a theme which can be SCRAPBOOKED, of course!!), her impending birthday has reminded me once again that I have yet to get her birthday album together.
I did actually START it, though ... a couple months ago, in fact. I decided on an album and format, designed the pages for birthday #1, even ordered prints of the photos I didn't use on the layouts. I just didn't get around to actually purchasing the album ... until this week.

SBC_fp-686_1.mU1JMftHc83l.jpg


Fancy Pants Designs - 12x12 Fancy Gated Album


I just LOVE the album I picked out and I'm very anxious now for it to arrive. It's made by Fancy Pants Designs and what I love about it is that it is gated, meaning it opens from both sides, like double doors. PLUS the unique feature of this album is that it also has binder rings on BOTH sides. I have not found any other 12x12 albums with this feature (if you know of some, PLEASE let me know!!) So, what that means is that I can use the 6x12 clear protective pages, also made by Fancy Pants Designs, plus the regular 12x12 sheet protectors and photo sleeves, in all kinds of cool combinations. I plan to make this a combination album rather than strictly a scrapbook ... that way I can incorporate the zillions of photos I seem to take on birthdays, plus the cards, snippets of wrapping paper, etc., without feeling the need to scrapbook every single thing (which I would NEVER get done!!)

SBC_fp-721_2.d6FopZugvNwE.jpg


Fancy Pants Designs - 12x12 Page Protector Refills with 4x6 Photo Pockets



SBC_fp-722_2.qmuSMGpNEarg.jpg


Fancy Pants Designs - 6x12 Page Protector Refills



I still need to scrapbook birthday #2, which may or may not happen before Skylar's birthday on May 2nd. I will follow the same format each year, though, so it should be a little easier once I get the ball rolling.
I will share photos of the album in progress once it arrives and I start getting it all together...  In the meantime, feel free to click on the links above if you're interested in getting one of these great albums for yourself! The link will take you directly to Scrapbook.com, where you can also make a purchase, if you so choose.
Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin